Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fighting common cold

Common cold is not caused by a single virus but a group of viruses. The disease  is cause by production of excess anti bodies to fight the foreign body. I feel that there is no need for a medicine at all to cure this if you ignore it and give no importance at all to it. You may consult a doctor only if it persists more than a week or so. The feeling that cold is not a disease at all should go deep within you the it reaches your sub conscience mind. Hence the resistance to cold will be reduced. I prefer taking lime juice during cold. I feel is improves my immune system and the very feeling will improve my immunity ( even if science says vitamin c doesn't improve immunity). So if catch cold next time just try it out. If it works u have avoided a dose f chemicals i to your body else you can do the regular way.

1 comment:

  1. It is a good idea. But you contradict yourself. You say ignore the cold, then you say lime juice. :P
    I myself drink milk or buttermilk in large quantities when I have a cold. Somebody told me that the fat in milk products helps cure the problem. My favourite cure however is hot Pav Bhaji with butter in it, leave out the onions. :)

    Looking forward to reading more here

    ReplyDelete